Text: Numbers 21:1-4
Overcoming Discouragement There is no doubt that we are already started the new year journey, the goals are set before us, the glory and success are for us to possess. The true God is watching us to see how seriousness we are.
The first 3 verses of our text today tell us what happened to His people when the enemies attacked and took some of them prisoners. The enemies don’t want them to get to their promised land. But the people of God, make a vow unto God, and God delivered them from the hands of the enemies. Numbers 21:2-3
The next verse tells us another obstacle that generated from their heart, “And they journeyed from mount Hor by the way of the Red sea, to compass the land of Edom: and the soul of the people was much discouraged because of the way.”
At this point, the people were not attached by the outside enemies but attached by inward enemy. They were discouraged because of the way. They were discouraged because of what they see. They were discouraged because they thought the road will be smooth and free from ups and downs.
Beloved, it is true that this year is a Year of a New Beginning as God purpose and plan for us, however, we should not allow negativity within our environment to discourage us. The actions and reactions of people around us should not discourage us. The attention and attitudes of your wife or husband should not discourage you. The negative way your boss and friends react to you when it comes to your good plan should not discourage you. The words of the enemies against your plan and vision should not disturbing you to accomplish your goals. Your parents or leaders can discourage you with their I don’t care attitudes. Colossians 3:21
Mind you, many things that will make you feel discourage are ahead of you, instead to hinder you, make sure you turn them to stepping stone to move forward.
Numbers 32:9 says: “For when they went up unto the valley of Eshcol, and saw the land, they discouraged the heart of the children of Israel, that they should not go into the land which the LORD had given them.”
Dear friend, “Behold, the LORD thy God hath set the land, success, and glory before you: go up and possess it, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath said unto you; fear not, neither be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 1:22
Remain focus, be determined and continue pursing your vision and never be discourage by any means.
- Father thank you for this wonderful message.
- Father, empower me with the spirit of courage in the name of Jesus
- In the name of Jesus, I scattered every forces of discouragement assigned to stop my vision
- Every spirit of discouragement planted in me, be uprooted by fire in the name of Jesus
- Every gathering of discouragement against my life, plan, business, or ministry, you are a liar, scattered and die by fire in the name of Jesus
- Father delivered me from the forces of discouragement in all my ways this year in the name of Jesus
- I turn every discouragement to stepping stone to my greatness in the name of Jesus.
Thank you Jesus, in Jesus Christ name I pray. Amen.