POSSESS THE MANTLE OF A NEW BEGINNING
Text: 2 Kings 2:12-18
“And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces. He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan; And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over. And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him. And they said unto him, Behold now, there be with thy servants fifty strong men; let them go, we pray thee, and seek thy master: lest peradventure the Spirit of the LORD hath taken him up, and cast him upon some mountain, or into some valley. And he said, Ye shall not send. And when they urged him till he was ashamed, he said, Send. They sent therefore fifty men; and they sought three days, but found him not. And when they came again to him, (for he tarried at Jericho,) he said unto them, Did I not say unto you, Go not?”
One of the peculiar things we must hold in order to be successful in our new beginning is the mantle of a new beginning. Prophet Elisha remain one of the prophets that was respected and honored during the Bible time and today because of his zealousness and commitment to hold the mantle of grace that he received.
According to oxford dictionary, mantle is a piece of clothing somewhat like an open robe or cloak. A figurative garment representing authority or status, capable of affording protection. Anything that covers or conceals something else, a cloak.
In a simple understanding, a mantle is a cloak that one can use to cover or conceals something like body, etc. in the Old Testament, mantle was mentioned on many occasions from Judges to Samuel, kings and prophets, etc. Most of these people use mantle as part of the tools needed for their assignments and responsibilities. Judges 4:18, 1 Samuel 15:27, 28:14, 1 KINGS 19:13, 19, etc.
In our test for today prayer bombs, it is noted that, both Prophet Elijah and Elisha used mantle. However, our focus is Prophet Elisha.
The Mantle of Elisha
- He took it from his master – 2 Kings 2:12-13
- He used the mantle to struck the river Jordan – 2 Kings 2:14
- The mantle symbolized the power he inherited from his master.
- He used the mantle to end his shame and reproach.
- He used the mantle to perform the first miracle in his ministry.
- The use of the mantle, opened a new beginning for Elisha and his ministry.
- The story of Elisha was changed after he used the mantle in his hands.
- He was widely honored both in heaven and on earth.
Our Mantle as Christians
- Our Mantle is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. He gave us authority to do exploits – Luke 9:1
- We must put on Jesus Christ our mantle – Ephesians 4:24
- Holiness and righteousness are our spiritual mantle – Revelation 3:5, 18
- Humility – 1 Peter 5:5
- The more we walk in holiness and righteousness, the more we are strong and become great in the plan and purpose of God.
- Our nakedness can only be covered when we are exposed to holy living. Exodus 20:26, 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Holiness and righteousness guarantee divine authority unlimited.
- We are connected to the throne of grace as long as we are addicted in holiness and righteousness. 1 Thess. 4:7
- Without spiritual mantle of holiness no one can see God – Hebrews 12:14
- We are mandatory to serve and walk in holiness and righteousness – Luke 1:74-75
- O Lord forgive me for any sin that’s making me powerless in my dreams in Jesus’ name.
- Father Lord I bring my dream life before you, cleanse me with the Blood of Jesus
- My Father and my Lord, decorate me with your supernatural mantle of holiness in the name of Jesus.
- I break every curse issued against my life through demonic mantle of my father’s house in the name of Jesus.
- I break and loose myself from every mantle of masquerade that hold me captive in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord help me to draw closer to you in holiness and righteousness in the name of Jesus
- Every satanic power controlling my destiny and dream life be overthrown by fire in the name of Jesus.
- Where is the God of Elijah? arise and set me free from the power of sin in the name of Jesus Christ.
- The mantle of holiness that I have lost, I recover it back in the name of Jesus
- As from today, I separate myself from every demonic spirit by fire in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord empower me to receive divine revelations in my dreams throughout this year in the name of Jesus.
- Satanic bombs fired against my destiny in the dream, you shall not land, go back to your sender in the name of Jesus.
- Every demon idol programmed to fight me in the dream, you shall not locate my address, go back and destroy your sender in Jesus’ name.
- Every evil power demanding for my worship physically or in the dream, receive the raging fire of God’s judgment and be consumed in the name of Jesus.
- Evil garment or mantle that enemies are using to decorate me in the dreams, consume by fire in the name of Jesus.
- I reject, revoke and renounce every satanic celebration in the dream by the power in the blood of Jesus.
I declare that I am married to Jesus Christ; let every power that attempts to drag me into evil covenant in the dream receive immediate judgment by fire in the name of Jesus.