Deliverance From Unreasonable and Wicked Men
Bible Reading: 2 Thessalonians 3:1-4
“Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. And we have confidence in the Lord touching you that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.”
The greatest mistake we can do in our prayer is ignorant to how we should pray. Thousands of people are out there thinking that they are praying without knowing that they are playing instead of praying. The Bible says: “You ask, and receive not, because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts.” James 4:3
Praying ignorantly simply means praying amiss or ask amiss. The word “amiss” means wrong or incorrect. Any prayer you offer without biblical principles of prayer means you pray wrongly or incorrectly.
In our Bible Reading for today, Apostle Paul specifically wrote the Christians in Thessalonica to pray for them that they may be used to spread the gospel message, while at the same time be delivered from the persecuting hands of wicked men. The wicked men in the passage are the unbeliever who has no consideration for things that pertain to God. These are those who are antagonistic to the preaching of the gospel. (vs 2; see Rm 15:31).
Paul did not say we should pray for them to die, but for God to deliver them from their hands. Pray for them to die is NOT the right prayer, but pray that God should deliver us from their evil plan or satanic purpose for our marriage, business, work, studies, finances, ministry, family, churches, gospel, etc are the right and acceptable prayer.
Mind you, the world we are is a world of antagonistic – they are always there and ready to attack and frustrating you. They are doing these just to stop you from being fulfill your destiny and purpose in life.
If God can open your spiritual eyes, you will discover that there are thousands of wicked men are around you. However, they cannot overcome you because the presence of God is with you. Let us look at an incident in the Bible:
“And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! How shall we do? And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.” 2 Kings 6:15-17
The enemies in thousands surrounding a city with horses and chariots just like our world today that full of bombs, guns, etc. They target to kill and destroy the city, but God is already assigned and placed many horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha and his servant.
Beloved, God will never leave or abandon His children for the enemies to destroy them. You are the one not to fear! As Elisha told his servant, so also I’m telling you now that “FEAR NOT”! The ONE that is with you is more and greater and power than those against you.
Let us see the next step that the Elisha takes:
“And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha. And Elisha said unto them, this is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria. And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.” 2 Kings 6:18-20
What happened in the above incident is the deliverance from the wicked men. God delivered Elisha and his servant from the evil people without killing them. Even, there blindness is for a while! Mind you, today is your day of freedom from the pity of hell to the palace of God in heaven.
1. O LORD, begin to disgrace every high thing that set itself against your plan and purpose for my ministry and life in Jesus.
2. O LORD, by all the power for which you are known to be God, arise and fight the battle for my marital destiny in Jesus’ name.
3. O LORD, let every enchantment, divination, and witchcraft prepared for my family, ministry, business and marriage be rendered null and void by the power in the blood of Jesus.
4. Every satanic horseman at the gate of my breakthrough and upliftments be overthrown by fire in the name of Jesus.
5. Every forces and powers of wickedness assigned to monitoring my life, marriage, ministry, success, academic, business and work, receive spiritual paralysis in the name of Jesus.
6. O LORD, let your armies move through the length and breadth of the land at the midnight hour to uproot the work, plan and purpose of the wicked from the land in Jesus’ name.
7. Father, let the sword of the wicked turn and work against them in Jesus’ name.
8. Every satanic altar supplying strength and power to the wicked, receive destruction by fire in the name of Jesus.
9. I decree uncommon freedom and double restoration of my glory in Jesus’ name.
10. Let every foundational conspiracy against my destiny, ministry and marriage be broken to pieces in Jesus’ name.